Country house in 4 ha: part 12th armoury, part family home. Gironde
Aquitaine, Gironde - 33612.000 € ID: 163277
Elegant country retreat surrounded by almost 10 acres of pasture.
Initial viewings are online: please contact the listing agent to make your appointment for a virtual viewing.
Located in the Gironde department, 85 km to Bordeaux
A rare find which will delight anyone interested in medieval history, this country house a former commanderie, the fortified stronghold that was the home for the commander of the Knights Templar in the 12th Century.
The current owners have renovated and enlarged the building to create a beautiful country home.
The house occupies a dominant position, with fabulous views over the surrounding valleys.
The interior is impressive: with a grand social space in the original stronghold and a comfortable, more contemporary modern wing with living/dining room and kitchen.
The property further benefits from:
The surrounding countryside in this part of Gironde is beautiful: rolling hills and valleys with woods and fields
There are several large towns nearby:
- Grignols [2,5 km] with a very complete medical centre, pharmacy and many shops
- Casteljaloux [13 km] with its bi-weekly market, its thermal baths and its 18 hole golf course.
- Bazas [18 km] with its cathedral and its square surrounded by arcades with stores and cafés, and a bi-weekly market.
- Tipo de Inmueble
- tipo vivienda
- Fuera de la ciudad
- Tamaño de la vivienda (m2)
- 263 m²
- Parcela m2
- 39.701 m²
- Terrenos HA / legalmente
- Grounds 1-5 HA
- Cuartos de baño suplementarios
- Doble acristalamiento