Located on a quiet, sought-after road in the middle of the beautiful village of St Martin, this imposing chalet currently has 9 bedrooms and lends itself nicely to the rental market because of it.
However, there is scope to reorganise the space to create an absolutely fantastic private ski chalet with access to the world's largest ski area.
The amenities of the village are around a 5-minute walk away, as is the drag lift that takes you over to the gondola out of the village.
This property is currently used as a rental property and sells very well throughout the winter. It makes the very most use of space at present for number of beds, so a new owner could keep it for such commercial use, or could consider undertaking some internal works (move some walls, re-configure rooms etc.) to create an absolutely fantastic, large private chalet.
Entering from the ground floor, you will find:
- A large garage area – perfect for storing skiing equipment and also summer activity equipment such as mountain bikes etc.
- A snug – currently used as an extra double bedroom with large sofa bed
- A double bedroom
- Bathroom with bath, shower and WC
- Large utility room with plenty of space for all machines for laundry etc.
- 6-person sauna with its own shower cubicle
The first floor, divided up into communal areas dominating most of the floor and a sleeping area at the other, consists of:
- Very large open-plan living and dining area with an imposing traditional fireplace, leading onto a balcony with spectacular views
- Good-sized, fully-equipped kitchen
- Cloakroom with storage space for shoes and coats, if using this floor’s entrance
- Large double bedroom
- Bunk room
- Bathroom with shower and WC
The top floor comprises:
- A suite, perfect for families with 2 bedrooms with sloping ceilings (one double and one twin) with shared bathroom in-between (shower & WC)
- A twin bedroom, again with sloped ceiling
- Large family bathroom with bath/shower, WC and double sinks
- Two further double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms (one with WC)
St Martin de Belleville is cementing its place among the most attractive places to own a ski property, given its authentic, all-year-round village feel, great range of restaurants and, most importantly, the easy access into the Three Valleys ski area – the world’s largest. The Belleville Valley (300km of pistes across St Martin, Les Menuires and Val Thorens) indeed covers half of the total ski area (600km of pistes including the resorts of Meribel and Courchevel) of the Three Valleys and with numerous off-piste itineraries, is a great place to base yourself.
The village itself is sunny and traditional, pre-dating the skiing by centuries! There are many locals who live here all year round, both French families who have lived here for generations and a sizeable ex-pat community, meaning you can easily either dip in and out of the community whilst holidaying or live here permanently.
During the summer months, when the village erupts into a floral haven, there are many activities to be undertaken, from mountain biking to via ferrata to glorious mountain walks – suitable for all ages. Of course the road biking opportunities are almost endless too, and the valley is great for families with a variety of children’s activities.
For accessing the village, Moutiers is just 20km down the mountain road and with it the TGV/Eurostar terminal (during the winter), and the airports of Geneva (182km) and Lyon (181km) are also within striking distance (approx. 2 hours).
- Special class
- 400 m²
- 280 m²
- All bathrooms