This imposing Renaissance style Chateau dating back to 1895, has been carefully restored preserving its historic character and offering opportunity to operate as an exclusive BandB.
Set in over 7 acres of well kept parkland with mature trees.
The beautiful Chateau was completely renovated to a rarely seen high standard between 2009 - 2012 and now offers about 500 m² of exceptional living space with high ceilings, large windows with internal shutters, most rooms have stone or wooden fireplaces, beautiful wooden ceilings, parquet or tiled floors. The property full of charm and character comprises of the 7 bedroom Chateau, a stone building of about 120 m² and is settled in over 7 acres of parkland with mature oak, plane and sequoia trees and a 10 x 5 m salt water swimming pool with a 120 m² south facing terrace with breath taking views.
The property is offered fully furnished including lights, curtains, carpets paintings, crockery, linen,white goods, garden furniture etc.
CHATEAU GROUND FLOOR
- Large hall (23 m²) with beautiful wooden staircase
- Billiard room (36 m²) with parquet floor, fireplace and terrace access
- Vast living room (54 m²) with parquet floor, unusual wooden fireplace, terrace access and beautiful views over the hilly countryside.
- Dining room (34 m²) with tiled floor, stone fireplace, art nouveau doors and balcony access with the same amazing views.
- Kitchen (38 m²) with large stone fireplace, dining area, tiled floor, a large wooden door leading to the garden, a separate larder (6,5 m²) with stairs to the cellar.
CHATEAU FIRST FLOOR
A spacious hallway serves 4 beautifully decorated and elegant bedrooms with bathroom or shower room en-suite and three of them with fireplace worthy of a chateau. All rooms enjoy indoor shutters for each window in order to keep the room cool during warm summer days
- Bedroom Louis XIV (35 m²), named after Louis XIV, also known as the Sun King, is one of the larger rooms and has its own luxurious bathroom with shower, toilet and hand basin. The room breaths the atmosphere of the early ages, with its 4 m high ceiling, the fireplace with its original mantelpiece, goblins on the walls and its heavy velvet curtains.
- Bedroom Louise Elisabeth (27 m²), named after Marie Louse Elisabeth de Bourbon with a luxurious shower room/toilet en-suite. The room is very authentic with its 4 m high ceiling, a fireplace with the original mantelpiece, classical furniture and velvet curtains.
- Suite Marie Antoinette (40 m²), named after Marie-Antoinette of Habsburg-Lothringen, is the largest of the bedrooms. The suite has its own luxurious bathroom with a shower (150x100 cm), a bath, a toilet and a double hand basin. The room is in perfect keeping with its period, with its high ceiling, the fireplace with its original mantelpiece and classical furniture. Besides the bedroom this suite also has a separate sitting area in the adjoining tower that once again offers a splendid view over the park and its hilly scenery.
- Bedroom Henriette (21 m²), named after the owner, offers a dressing room (10 m²) and a luxurious 15 m² bathroom with bath, shower, 2 wash basins and toilet en-suite
CHATEAU SECOND FLOOR
- Bedroom Napoleon III (22 m²), named after Charles Louis Napoleon Bonaparte, can best be described as a family room. This very spacious room connects with the neighbouring single room (children’s room) of 6,5 m². The room has an adjoining luxurious bathroom with a shower, bath, toilet and double hand basin. The room is decorated in the Empire-style.
On this floor you also find
- Study (23 m²)
- large room (45 m²)
- Bedroom (11 m²)
this could easily be transformed into an apartment.
The chateau has a full basement with about 4 m ceiling height comprising of a
- Wine cellars
- Laundry room
- Storage area
- Boiler room
- Workshop with large windows and door to the exterior.
In total the Chateau offers 740 m² of floor space of which 500 m² are living accommodation.
The chateau benefits from oil central heating combined with a heat pump and is offered fully furnished.
A separate stone building of about 120 m² with slate roof has a large workshop/garage on the ground floor and a large convertible space with entrance from the garden on the first floor.
A gate marks the entrance to the property and a 100 m long, plane tree lined drive leads to the Chateau with its various terraces, a well and magnificent park of 7 acres with mature trees and wonderful views offering peace and tranquillity.
A 10 x 5 m fully automatic swimming pool with large sun terrace has been installed in 2018.
The Chateau is easily accessible.
BRIVE with international airport 31 km
MOTORWAY access 22 km
OBJAT with all amenities 10 km
BRIGNAC with baker and small shop 3 km
Six of France's most beautiful villages Turenne, Collonges-la-Rouge, Curemonte, St-Robert, Treignac and Segur-le-Chateau, the Gouffre de la Fage and the Lac du Causse are close by.
- Тип недвижимости
- Special class
- Guesthouse-bed & breakfast-gites
- Extra info
- Grounds 1-5 HA
- Total living area
- 500 m²
- Plot size
- 30 567 m²
- All bathrooms
- Garage car spaces
- Double glazing
- Swimming pool