This amazing house dating from the early part of the 19th century, offers around 386 m2 of habitable space with many different possibilities for family use, commercial use (chambres d'hôtes, offices...) possibility to buy with the adjacent outbuildings, ripe for conversion and a park.
This property is located in the centre of Surgères, a delightful old market town in the Charente Maritime which has a vibrant commercial and social life, a medieval château and good transport links, including its own railway station with TGV services (3 hours to Paris).
Surgères is just 40 kms from the bustling departmental capital and attractive port of La Rochelle and 30 kms from the nearest beaches at Chatelaillon Plage. Regional airports at La Rochelle and at Poitiers (108 kms) offer flights to various UK and European destinations.
Very distinguished property dating from the early 19th century.
On the ground floor:
- a large entrance hall of 20 m² with wonderful traditionnal tiled floor
- stunning dining room of 27 m², with parquet floors, marble fireplace and 2 large windows, nice panelling and ornate moldings
- 1 bright living room 28,50 m², with traditional built-in cupboards and fireplace
- 1 living room 26,70 m² with marble fireplace
- 1 kitchen 19,57 m² and utility room 10,63 m² with a litlle staircase up to the former servant's bedroom
- 1 toilet
- 1 storeroom 7,80 m²
- 1 storeroom with direct access to the garden(17,80 m²). These 2 storerooms could be converted into a private apartment with independent access.
The architectural features include parquet floors, high ceilings with ornate mouldings, large windows all add to its charm.
On the first floor
- a landing of 20m²
- 1 bedroom of 43 m2 with dressing room and ensuite bathroom with bath, shower, and toilet, and also 1 bedroom 12 .50 m²
- 1 bedroom of 36m2 with washroom
On the second floor
- a landing of 10 m²
- 3 bedrooms of 25.40 m²,19 and 17.60 m²
- 1 bathroom with toilet and 1 convertible storeroom
The property has a wonderful park of 13753 m² with the possibility to build, has a swiming pool to rehabilitate and lots of space for parking all around the property. UNIQUE in the AREA !
- Type Onroerend Goed
- B&B / Gites
- 386 m²
- 17.976 m²
- Breedband Internet