The main house comprises on the ground floor:
- a tiled kitchen (29m2) with handmade fitted units, island unit, cooker, dining area and wood burning stove (visible from both the kitchen as the living room); stairs are leading to the first floor
- open plan, tiled living room of 57m2, on two levels, with stairs leading to another part of the first floor
- a groundfloor bedroom, currently used as an office (18m2)
- a conservatory (29m2) built in 2015. Insert woodburner. The sliding doors (that disappear in the walls if they are open) give access to the terrace and the garden with the heated swimming pool (10x5m) with electric cover and pool house
- the utility area with room for an extra fridge and oven, used as laundry room
- a WC with hand basin
Upstairs the attic has been converted to provide 2 bedrooms (25m2 and 10m2) with en suite shower rooms (accessed using the stairs coming from the living room). Large storage area is located under the roof.
The master bedroom (33m2) has separate stairs from the kitchen. A roll top bath, shower, sink and WC are situated in the corner of this bedroom.
Under the house is a full height cellar with concrete floor of approximately 20m2 where the swimming pool equipment is located.
The converted stone built barn offers room for a utility area (25m2) with a modern, energy saving heating system, either wood or oil, shower and extra freezer, two big workshops (72m2 and 46m2) and (on the first floor) an exhibition room of 122m2. There is a wood storage shed, approximately 42m2, attached to this barn.
Several outbuildings are used to shelter animals (sheep, chickens, ducks, geese).
The agricultural hangar offers room for a tractor and other agricultural equipment.
At the front of the property there is a covered parking area and bread oven.
The land adjacent to the property is grassland and is all fenced. The remaining parcels are woodland.
There is a water system which pumps water from the spring to storage tanks and feeds the water reserves in the different pastures. It also feeds a small lake in one of the pastures. Rainwater is used for the garden and vegetable garden (with polytunnel).
The property is 7km from the centre of the chateau town of Jumilhac Le Grand and 11km from the larger town of St. Yrieix la Perche.
Jumilhac le Grand has an imposing and attractive chateau, with a baker, butcher, grocer, hairdresser, pharmacy, post office, bank, bar, restaurant, village hall, primary school and a medical centre with doctor & dentist. There is also a farmer's market here every Sunday morning during July & August and numerous events throughout the year, including vide greniers, plant fairs etc.
St. Yrieix la Perche, is a larger town with all amenities including supermarkets, shops, bars, restaurants, banks, main post office & a popular weekly market. St Yrieix also has a modern hospital with A&E facilities, secondary schools (lycée and collège) cinema, theatre, art galleries, museum and a medieval quarter including 12th century church.
Limoges airport is only 54km away and the station at St. Yrieix la Perche has good rail links to Limoges and from there to the mainlines.
- Tipo di Proprietà
- Residenza della fattoria
- Categoria speciale
- Country Seat
- Dimensione Terreno
- Residenza 5-10 HA
- zona abitabile
- 205 m²
- misura della pianta
- 64.540 m²
- Stanze da letto
- Totale bagni
- Doppia lucidatura