Set in an enclosed park of just under 4 hectares, this fabulous property enjoys an elevated position on the edge of a cathedral city with magnificent views, in the heart of the Cotentin peninsular.
The manoir, with imposing raised entrance, has a lovely warm and welcoming ambience with original parquet flooring, large fireplaces and views over lovely gardens to the town and cathedral.
To the rear of the south-east facing salon, sliding doors lead to the adjoining pool house with 8.5 metre heated pool which also enjoys stunning views.
Upstairs, 6 bedrooms are arranged over 2 floors accessed by a beautiful turned wood staircase.
The rear courtyard comprises 3 main buildings divided in to garages, workshops and a self-contained 2-bedroom gite.
Colourful gardens surround the house with natural spring which feeds the pools and fountain in the grounds as well and the swimming pool. In the kitchen garden, a set of stone steps lead down to a large vaulted cellar, an unusual feature which has been used as a venue for celebrations in the past.
To the east of the house, the gardens give way to wooded paddocks with a small stable block and river bordering the land to the north.
A fabulous property set between town and countryside, perfect for a tourism business and very rare to the market.
17th Century manor house 305m² with aerothermal central heating, double glazing and central vaccuming comprising :
Ground floor :
- Raised entrance leading to central hallway with Bourgogne stone flooring and turned wood staircase
- Dining room, south facing, with oak flooring, marble fireplace and views over the gardens
- Library, south facing, with marble fireplace, oak parquet flooring and views over the gardens
- Salon with double aspect south and east-facing windows and doors to the garden and swimming pool
- Indoor heated pool, 8.5 x 4 metres, with patio doors to the garden and views over the city
- Fitted kitchen with pantry cupboard and connecting door to the dining room
- Boiler room
First floor :
- Principal bedroom suite with double aspect views over the gardens and to the city, dressing room, bathroom and WC
- 2 Large bedrooms each with fireplace and connecting ‘jack & jill ‘ bathroom
- Single bedroom / office with south-facing balcony
Second floor :
- Bedroom suite with triple aspect views, kitchenette and bathroom
- 2 Double bedrooms
- 2 Single bedrooms
Rear courtyard comprising :
- West-facing annexe with garages / workshop on ground floor and self-contained 2-bedroom gite above
- North-facing annexe currenty used as firewood storage
- East-facing annexe with garages and workshops and un-converted upper floor
- Mature gardens with natural spring
- Underground vaulted cellar 20 x 6 metres with staircase access from gardens and service doors from the entrance drive
- 3-Hectares of enclosed wooded paddocks
Town centre with rail link 1.4km
Coast, beaches and golf club 11km
Regional attractions ( Le Mont Saint Michel, Bayeux, Normandy landing beaches ) all within 70 km
- Tipo di Proprietà
- Categoria speciale
- B&B - Ospite
- Residenza 1-5 HA
- misura della pianta
- 39.814 m²
- zona abitabile
- 305 m²
- Stanze da letto
- Totale bagni
- Doppia lucidatura
- Locale piscina
Servizi nella zona
- Stazione ferroviaria 1,4 km
- Costa 11 km
- Campo daGolf 11 km