Dreaming of Living and Working in Italy?
This is a unique opportunity to purchase an Agriturismo in Le Marche that is an established, successful campsite and B&B business immersed in gardens, an olive grove, a small vineyard and a lavender field.
Surrounded by nature, the property sits on a quiet and peaceful south-facing hill over a picturesque valley of patchwork fields of green, tan and yellow sunflowers, as well as a view of the medieval village of Ripatransone.
The 2.5-hectare property faces south with spectacular sunsets over the Sibillini Mountains, and stunning sunrises over the sea.
Le Marche is one of the greenest, prettiest corners of Italy with growing international exposure as being authentic with exceptional food, wine and tourism with an anticipated fruitful return on investment.
The olive groves produce a wonderful organic extra-virgin olive oil, the vineyard produces 300-500 liters of wine and the lavender field, when in full production, produces about 50 litres of essential lavender oil and about 250 litres of lavender hydrosol. Everything is organic.
Just 3km away is our village, Carassai, which is a typical charming small medieval hamlet with panoramic views of the sea and the mountains, complete with a park and a small playground. There is a grocery store, a bank, a bakery, a butcher’s shop, a post office, a doctor’s office, coffee bars, a petrol station, a mechanic, and other amenities.
Schools for children of all ages are nearby.
Nearby there are more shops, restaurants, banks, fruit and vegetable farm stands, wine cantinas, quality local butchers, cheese makers and salami/prosciutto makers.
Hospitals, dentists, and all manner of quality healthcare is nearby, including many options for alternative healthcare and physical therapy.
The property consists of two sunny, south-facing buildings (400 m2 and 200 m2 meters) dating back to1960 when it was built as a typical Marchigiano family farmhouse and barn.
There is a 60 m2 storage shed which can be rebuilt into housing or used for any other purpose.
The larger, 400 m2 main building has been completely restored and houses the 4 B&B rooms, 2 holiday apartments, camping facilities, utility rooms and an 80 m2 2-bedroom ground-floor apartment where the owners live year round. The owners’ apartment has a 35 m2 private veranda that can be closed in for the winter months. The attic is insulated and there are double-glazed windows.
The 200 m2 building is in a solid state and has been partially restored including a kitchen, terrace, bathroom, storage room and farm shop. The rest of the building is currently used for storage and as a workshop, but could be transformed into a large house or additional rental units with plenty of space left over for storage and a workshop!
The property, hospitality business and farm are all easily managed and are inexpensive to run with a biomass heater for hot water and heat, rainwater collection tanks for irrigation and is set up for adding hot water solar panels.
There is city drinking water and electricity. Internet and Wi-Fi coverage is good.
The property is suited for shared ownership as there are 3 existing apartments and the possibility to build a large house in the second building.
There is the possibility to purchase adjoining land for expansion of the business, and plenty of opportunities to expand and grow the olive oil, lavender, and hospitality businesses as well as opportunities to create other businesses as the area is becoming well known internationally for its excellent food and wine products. Our valley also has many opportunities for those interested in growing grapes for wine, as it is designated as prestigious DOCG land.
The hospitality business currently comprises:
- Agri-Campsite. 14-16 camp pitches with electricity, of which several are suited for caravans, small campers and roulottes.
- Glamping: Large furnished emperor bell tent to rent out.
- Glamping: 1970s restored and furnished vintage caravan to rent out.
- Campsite sanitary facilities and showers with a common lounge and veranda.
- Bed & Breakfast: 4 en-suite double rooms.
- Holiday Apartments: 2, both self-catering. One sleeps 5 and the other 3.
- Common kitchen and breakfast room with fireplace for the B&B.
- Farm shop.
- A terrace overlooking the valley with its own kitchen for serving guests, hosting wine tastings and events.
- Certified swing-set.
- 3 pergolas for shade.
- A shade garden, an herb garden and other gardens to sit in.
- Restored outdoor pizza oven and BBQ area.
There is ample space to add a swimming pool or more glamping tents or camper pitches.
- The property is 20 minutes to the beach and 40 minutes to the mountains of the pristine, protected Sibillini National Park.
- Close to many beautiful nature walks and hiking in the mountains and the surrounding hills.
- Many people come to the area for mountain, road and e-biking.
- Easy to get to: The nearest airports are Ancona (1 hour), Pescara (1 hour 15 min), Rome (3 hours, plus there is a nearby coach bus that goes directly to both airports in Rome many times a day)
- Close to many medieval villages that are still much the way they were hundreds of years ago. Many have excellent restaurants.
The organic farm currently consists of:
- 2 olive groves with 130 old trees.
- Lavender plantation (3500 m2)
- Vineyard (1000 m2)
- Vegetable garden (200 m2)
- Assorted fruit trees
There are no constraints on the property, so you can purchase it as a business or as a private property. All of the business permits are in order.
It is sold privately with no realtor or estate agent fees to pay.
The owners bought the property, which was an abandoned farm, in 2006. They have restored and created the business themselves, and now are ready for retirement.
The business and property are ready for new owners to move into and start up right away. The current owners will make themselves available for helping the new owners with the adjustment if desired.
Included in the price is most of the furniture (except for a few private pieces), garden furniture, linens, kitchen equipment and appliances for the hospitality business, website and client database.
The farm equipment and tools are not included in the price, but can be negotiated separately.
- Mot d'annonceur
- Haut lieu
- Année de construction
- Type de bien
- Restauré / redécoré
- Chambres d'hôtes/Gîtes
- Taille Parcelle
- Terrain 1-5 HA
- Surface habitable (m2)
- 600 m²
- Terrain de (m2)
- 25 000 m²
- Fosse Septique
- Étages / Niveaux
- Jardins, prés, vignes
- occupation max.
Description de la chambre
- Nombre de pièces
- Salles de Bains
- Cuisine de (m2)
- 16 m²
- Cuisine d'été
- Double vitrage
- Pavillon d'amis
- Énviron gentil pour enfants
- Parking 18
- Broadbet internet
Services dans l'environnement
- Côte 17 km
- Aéroport 90 km
- Hôpital 40 km
- Lac 40 km
- Supermarché 3 km
- Golf 10 km
- École 3 km
- Ski 40 km
- Gare 17 km