You would never tire of the sublime views from this château set in a privileged position overlooking the River Rhône and rows of beautiful vines.
On a clear day, the tip of Mont Blanc is even visible on the horizon. It's a haven of peace and tranquility, and yet accessible to major transport links and Geneva.
- Historic château of 272 m2 with stone tower.
- Breathtaking views.
- Large grounds with orchard and flat lawn suitable for marquee.
- Outdoor pool with terrace and covered dining area.
- Several outbuildings with renovation potential as extra accommodation or business.
- Less than 50 km from the Bardonnex Swiss border crossing on Geneva's outskirts.
- Just 21 km from the TGV train station at Bellegarde with direct trains to Paris.
- Cross-country ski station close by.
In the main château, which boasts 272 m2 of habitable space, the accommodation is spread across 3 floors, plus a small basement/wine cellar. All rooms to the front of the property enjoy the spectacular views over the River Rhône and surrounding Seyssel vineyards.
This property would make a wonderful home, or secondary residence. It also has clear business potential as a boutique hotel or venue for events such as weddings.
- Large entrance hall, with fantastic original doors.
- Impressive reception room.
- Dining room.
- Kitchen, leading out onto a covered terrace perfect for al fresco dining.
- 3 double bedrooms.
- Upstairs sitting room, which could also serve as a 4th double bedroom.
- Separate toilet.
- Access into the château’s character stone tower, which includes a workshop.
- 2 further double bedrooms.
- Large upstairs lounge area.
- Mezzanine with sleeping area.
- Separate toilet.
- Pool with terrace for sun loungers and covered area for dining.
- Covered area leading out from the kitchen, also ideal for a dining table and/or bbq.
- Terrace to the front of the main château perfect for soaking in the fabulous views.
- One-bedroom cottage.
- Coach house with studio apartment upstairs, and workshop/storage areas on the ground floor.
- Orchard with various fruit trees.
- Former kitchen garden.
- Flat lawn suitable for marquee.
- Additional covered dining/bbq area.
- Small outbuilding for storing garden machinery.
This château is the perfect spot to get away from it all, whilst at the same time being well connected to Geneva and to Paris.
Geneva's International Airport is just 54 km away by road.
The TGV station at Bellegarde, with its direct service to Paris is just over two and a half hours, is a mere 21 km away.
The nearest French town with everyday amenities such as bakeries, banks and post office is Seyssel. This is just 9 km away by road, about a 15-minute drive. Seyssel is unusual in that it straddles the impressive River Rhône, and is part of the Ain (01) département on one bank, and Haute-Savoie (74) on the other.
In Seyssel there is a water sports’ centre which rents out kayaks and stand-up paddle boards, for example. The perfect way to enjoy the river.
Close to the château, at 1250 m of altitude, is Sur-Lyand’s “Espace Nature” with commanding views over the Alps, the Massif de Belledonne, and Bourget, Annecy and Léman lakes. There is a cross-country skiing centre with 18 km of pistes. Luge, skating and snow shoeing are also on offer in winter months.
- Property type
- Special class
- River front
- Plot size
- 9,627 m²
- Total living area
- 272 m²
- All bathrooms
- Swimming pool