Superb walled property with electric gated entrance, tastefully renovated whilst maintaining many original and ornate features.
In a quiet area in the centre of Bagneres de Luchon this desirable property offers a unique opportunity to purchase a mansion in this beautiful town.
-Less than 1 km to the ski lift for Superbagneres Ski Resort
-25 minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (15 km)
-Ski hire and equipment shops
-Outside ice skating rink
This beautiful house is a rarity. Properties in such excellent condition in the heart of Luchon do not often become available to purchase.
You enter the grounds of the house via the electric gates which open into the pretty landscaped front garden. As you look up you start to appreciate the elegance and ornate feature of this home which comprises:
The entrance to the property has lovely wooden cupboards for outdoor wear. To the right, there is a separate wc with wash basin. A door leads you into the hallway giving access to the kitchen, living area, cellar and beautiful original wooden staircase.
This stylish room naturally divides into a spacious dining area and lounge both parts having tall patio doors that open on to the large terrace overlooking the garden.
The designer kitchen is fully equipped with patio doors onto the rear terrace giving you a choice outdoor seating and sun or shade as required.
There is a wash basin, fitted cupboards and plumbing for a washing machine in this bright and airy room.
This clean and spacious area has a boiler room to one side and a storage area to the other with ventilation to the exterior.
As you ascend the beautiful original wooden staircase, you pass the full length stained glass window before reaching the first floor, comprising of:
- Spacious and ornate double bedroom with patio doors opening on to the balcony and a window with views of the Venasque mountains
- Door from the bedroom through to the large dressing room with high quality built-in wardrobes on three walls and patio doors leading on to the balcony
- Beautiful shower room (wash basin with cupboards, large shower and a separate room with wc and bidet
The balcony stretches along the accommodation and overlooks the garden and terrace with wonderful views of the Venasque mountains and Superbagneres ski resort and tele cabins.
- Double bedroom with views over to the mountains
- Lovely shower room with wash basin, shower and wc
There are built in cupboards in the hallway and there are original wooden floors throughout.
Continuing up the wooden staircase you reach the second floor accommodation:
- Large bedroom with superb views over the village to the mountains and original wooden flooring. This room is currently used as an office and hobby area
- Shower room with wash basin, cupboards, wc, bidet and shower
- Large dressing room again with the quality wooden built-in wardrobes.
All the accommodation on these two floors follows a theme, using the same materials and style giving an ambience of elegance and luxury.
- The 50 m2 garage has a quality build to complement the main residence.
- Supplementary space for parking additional vehicle on the driveway.
- There is a shower room in the garage (shower, wc and wash basin)
- Electric operated garage doors
The garden is completely enclosed with walls, shrubs and a large electric entrance gate.
At the rear of the property is a smaller terrace area ideal for afternoon tea, the patio doors from the kitchen open out on to this area.
The front of the property has a large terrace with sufficient space for garden table and chairs, relaxers and pretty pots for flowers and shrubs.
The garden at the front of the property has been designed with great taste and is extremely pretty with trees, shrubs, flowers, walkways and lawned areas.
- Possibility of purchasing the furniture
- Double glazing throughout the property
- New roof and insulation (2013)
- New boiler and heating system (2014) – cumulus thermodynamic
BAGNERES DE LUCHON
The charming village with cafes, bars, restaurants, casino, boutiques, train station and a range of outdoor activities on offer
- Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
- Walking and hiking trails at all levels
- Mountains and lakes
- Cycling (mountain biking and Tour de France climbs)
- Paragliding, rafting and fishing
- Golf, tennis, climbing wall and Segway’s
Luchon is a renowned spa resort with sulphurous hot springs, spa and swimming pool.
From Luchon you can go over the Col de Portillon and cross into Spain and visit the pretty little village of Bossost and the new park where you can observe the different animals of the region in their natural habitat.
This is a beautiful home that reflects a bygone era and oozes charm, elegance and sophistication.
The owners have taken great care to ensure that the renovation of the property has maintained the original charm and features of the property.
Everything in Luchon is within easy walking distance including Lake Badech, restaurants, bars, the spa, parks, golf and the casino.
Please contact me for further photographs and information or to arrange a visit.
- Property type
- Special class
- Guesthouse-bed & breakfast-gites
- Total living area
- 207 m²
- Plot size
- 1,171 m²
- All bathrooms
- Garage car spaces
- Double glazing
- Broadband internet