This collection of beautifully finished stone cottages enjoys an elevated position over the surrounding countryside.
Tastefully renovated throughout and finished to a very high standard, their interiors successfully combine traditional elements with more modern practicalities.
The complex includes a swimming pool as well as outdoor areas for each gite.
The town of Montbron, with all amenities, is only 10km away and good transport links are not far. The nearest airport is at Limoges (75km), which is well served by low cost carriers from the UK, and the nearest highway and TGV station are 23 and 46 km away respectively.
Local tourist attractions include the lakes of the Haute Charente (swimming, fishing, kayaking), the Perigord Limousin national park, lake with sandy beach at St Estephe as well as the beautiful chateaux at La Rochefoucauld and Rochechouart. Day trips to Limoges, Cognac, Brantome or even Bordeaux, Bergerac or the Atlantic coast near Royan are possible.
The property comprises six gites, an old barn used for storage and another old building that could be renovated to provide a lovely owners cottage. There is also 15 hectares of land comprising a mix of prairie and woodland and includes a small lake.
The Gites currently operate as a successful business. All are finished to a very high standard and have many beautiful character features. They also have new roofs, double glazing, WIFI and TV connection in addition to garden/ terrace/ outdoor space access.
1. LA BELLECOUR: spacious maisonette of 96m2 with wheelchair access comprising 3 BEDROOMS and 2 BATHROOMS on three levels; accomodation for 5-6 people.
- Large private terrace and garden.
- 1 bedroom on the ground floor.
- KITCHEN and DINING ROOM also on the ground floor.
- LOUNGE/ SITTING ROOM on first floor.
2. LE CABRIOLET: charming maisonette with large, modern KITCHEN; accommodation for 4-6 people.
- Rear garden and roofed front terrace.
- 2 BEDROOMS and 2 BATHROOMS on two levels.
- Large MEZZANINE for additional sleeping space.
- Open plan LOUNGE/ DINING ROOM/ KITCHEN area.
3. LA CALECHE STUDIO: Stylish maisonette with self contained ground floor and first floor accommodation for 2-5 people.
- 3 terraces.
- 70m2 ground floor comprising LIVING ROOM, open KITCHEN, BEDROOM and BATHROOM.
- First floor self contained STUDIO comprising LIVING ROOM, KITCHEN, BATHROOM and WC; accomodates 3 people.
4. LA CASTEL: Large maisonette with good sized KITCHEN; accomodation for up to 6 people oer two levels.
- Roofed front terrace and rear garden.
- 3 comfortable BEDROOMS and 1 large BATHROOM.
- Ground floor open plan living space comprising LIVING ROOM, KITCHEN and DINING ROOM.
5. LA BELLEVUE: Beautiful maisonette with large modern KITCHEN set over two levels; accommodation for 2 people.
- First floor BATHROOM and BEDROOM with French four poster bed.
- Living space on the second floor comprising KITCHEN, DINING ROOM and LIVING ROOM.
- South-facing terrace with breathtaking views across the valley.
6. LE TRIANGLE: Largest gite with 200m2 of living space over two levels, private swimming pool and accommodation for up to 10 people.
- Large ground floor living space comprising LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM and KITCHEN; access to south-facing terrace and private swimming pool which still gives wonderful views across the valley.
- Sous sol level with 3 large BEDROOMS and 2 spacious BATHROOMS.
If you would like to enjoy the French countryside and step right into running a gite business, this is the place for you!
- Property type
- Special class
- Guesthouse-bed & breakfast-gites
- Extra info
- Grounds 10-20 HA
- Total living area
- 610 m²
- Plot size
- 152,068 m²
- All bathrooms
- Double glazing
- Swimming pool
- Broadband internet