Stunning stately property in an idyllic setting, renovated in great taste with respect for local materials but incorporating modern conveniences.
Main house with 4 bedrooms, and potential to create more in the attic, independent 2 bedroom gîte, double garage, farm buildings.
This would make a beautiful family home, with business potential.
Set in peaceful countryside on the river Loir, but just 3 km outside busy market town Château-du-Loir with all amenities including mainline railway station. Tours airport with budget flights to Stansted 41 km, Le Mans with famous 24 hour circuit 48 km, easy access to Paris and northern ferry ports - and all the attractions of the Loire Valley...
The current owners have done an amazing job renovating the main house, creating a beautiful, comfortable home. Exposed beams and stone, terracotta tiles with underfloor heating, large double glazed windows letting light flood in, centralised vacuum system, tranquil riverside setting – what more could you ask for! Renovations carried out since 2005, with new electrics and plumbing, 80% new roof, copper guttering. Centrally heated by heat pump, with backup oil-fuelled boiler, conforming septic tank.
- Entrance hall (16 m2): with original wooden staircase to first floor
- Living room (33 m2): dual aspect, French windows, fireplace
- Kitchen (39 m2): central island with butler sink, fitted units, French windows to front and rear
- Study (6.5 m2)
- Shower room and cloakroom
- Utility room, storeroom and boiler room
- Landing and 2 hallways
- 4 bedrooms (12.7, 14.5, 22.7 and 26.4 m2)
- Dressing room (15 m2): with plumbing for washing machine
- Bathroom (14.6 m2)
- Shower room (4.6 m2) and WC
Large attic with plenty of head height could be converted to further accommodation.
EXTERNAL AND OUTBUILDINGS
- 2 bedroom gîte (83 m2), with further rooms to renovate
- double garage with workshop and tack room
- barn and stables
- agricultural hangars
- wooden mill building
- 41 acres with landscaped garden, rear patio area, pastures, watermill course and river frontage
- Property type
- Mill - Water/Wind
- Equestrian - Horses
- Plot size HA
- Grounds 10-20 HA
- Total living m2
- 324 m²
- Plot size m2
- 166,941 m²
- All bathrooms
- Double glazing
- Saddle room